How To Clear Cookies On Computer – Cookies are small programs that are saved on the computer of the user. They are intended to store a particular quantity of data for a specific client as well as the website, and they can be made accessible by a web server as well as a client computer.
Although cookies are so very useful for navigating the Internet, you must understand the fundamentals of having removed your cookie files in order to safeguard your privacy online.
What can I do to remove cookies from my computer?
Cookies are classified into two types: standard text browser cookies as well as flash cookies. To ensure complete browsing the web privacy, you must delete both types of cookies.
Too many web users delete text-based cookies while leaving flash cookies alone. This does not safeguard your privacy. You must also delete flash cookies.
However, there is no single standardized method for removing cookies because web users clear cookies in different ways. We’ll concentrate on Microsoft Edge (previously Internet Explorer), Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Opera because they are used by the massive majority of internet users.
How To Clear Cookies On Computer – Microsoft Edge
For so many years, Internet Explorer (IE) was indeed the undisputed market leader. Google’s Chrome browser, Mozilla’s Firefox, as well as Apple’s Safari, have all taken significant market share from Internet Explorer — now known as Microsoft Edge.
To remove cookies in Microsoft Edge, follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Edge and then click the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the window.
- Select Cookies as well as site permissions from the Settings menu.
- Click Manage and delete cookies but also site data under Cookies and data stored.
- There are three toggles under Cookies & site data. Click the See all cookies & site data link to the right.
- You should now be able to see all of the websites that saved cookies for you. At the top of this page, click Remove all.
- A confirmation shortcut to Clear site data will appear. Clear the selection.
How To Clear Cookies On Computer – Mozilla Firefox
Before proceeding, ensure that you are using the most recent version of Firefox. This helps to ensure that you receive the most recent security updates from your browser.
Remember that the more common a browser is, the more likely it is to be targeted for malware detection or malware infection.
To remove cookies in Firefox, follow these steps:
- To open the settings menu, select the hamburger icon (3 stacked bars) in the top right corner of your Firefox window.
- Select Privacy & Security.
- Scroll down to the section titled Cookies and Site Data.
- Select the Clear Data option.
- Make sure that both options, Cookies & Site Data as well as Cached Web Content, are checked, then click Clear.
- A confirmation prompt will appear, asking if you are certain you want to delete all cookies but also site data. Select Clear Now.
How To Clear Cookies On Computer – Google Chrome
Google Chrome is yet another popular browser, making it a more attractive target for spyware and malware. Clearing your Chrome cookies will ensure that your information remains private.
Here’s how to clear your Chrome cookies:
- Open the Settings menu by clicking the 3 stacked dots in the top right corner of your Chrome window.
- Select Privacy and security, and then Clear browsing data.
- This brings up another window with Basic and Advanced selections. On the Basic tab, you can clarify your Chrome cookies.
- Check that the Time range is set to All time and that all possible alternatives, Cookies and other site data, Browsing history, and Cached images and files, are selected.
- Select the Clear data option.
How To Clear Cookies On Computer – Safari
Please keep in mind that if you alter your cookie preferences in Safari or delete cookies in your browser, the cookie settings for your other apps, including your Dashboard, may be affected.
Here is how to clear Safari cookies:
- Tap Safari in the top left corner of your Mac screen to open it.
- Select Preferences, followed by Privacy.
- In the Privacy window, select the Manage Website Data… button.
- You’ll find a list of all the internet sites that saved cookie data here. At the bottom of the window, tap the Remove All button.
- A clarification pop-up window will appear, asking if you are certain you want to delete all data. Select Remove Now.
How To Clear Cookies On Computer – Opera
Initially designed as a “fast” browser, Opera has amassed a devoted, albeit small, fan base over the years.
To handle your Opera browser cookies, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings, then Advanced.
- Then, select Privacy and Security.
- Select Clear browsing data… once in the Security and Privacy window.
- Choose “the starting of time” from the first drop-down box.
- Examine all options, such as autofill form data, browsing history, passwords, cookies and other site data, download history, cached images and files, and data from third-party services.
- Clear browsing data by clicking the Clear browsing data button.